The Ole Miss Golf Course (and Oxford) were featured in an article on Chron.com earlier this week. Follow the link below to find out what Errol Castens had to say about what makes us a great golfing destination.
UM COURSE BECOMING A POPULAR GOLFING DESTINATION
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — Visitors flock to Oxford for a limitless variety of reasons — football games, academic conferences, music and dining opportunities and history from Civil War to civil rights.
One attraction that’s only recently garnering attention from outside of Oxford, though, is the University of Mississippi golf course. The 18-hole property is a few minutes’ drive from the campus and the town…
Click here to continue reading article.
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR PLANNING YOUR GOLF GETAWAY IN OXFORD
- The Oxford, Mississippi Convention and Visitors Bureau’s site contains a travel guide that will tell you all you need to know about must-see sites around town. Lodging, dining, and event information is also posted on the site.
- If you love football, you’ll definitely want to check out gameday in Oxford. The Grove is the place to be on Saturdays during football season and you’ll experience tailgating like you’ve never experienced it before. Check out the Rebels football schedule for a list of home games.
- Want to fly into Oxford? Need information on other transportation services? The airport is only minutes from the golf course, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Click here for more information about The Airport at Ole Miss. Their site also lists numbers for taxi and limousine services.
- News and information about nightlife in Oxford can be found at The Oxford Eagle online and The Local Voice, Oxford’s newpapers. If you want to find out what bands are playing or where you can get a good deal or special price on meals and drinks, you’ll definitely want to check out the local voice.
- If you prefer outdoor activities, visit Sardis Lake or check out all the Oxford Park Commission has to offer. Oxford has some amazing scenery and beautiful parks.
Haven’t seen the course yet? We posted some pictures earlier this week, so go check those out. The guys have worked really hard and we’re proud of the Ole Miss Golf Course. It’s one college course you don’t want to miss! We hope to see you in Oxford soon.